Port Ins for moving numbers from another carrier to Elley Communications.
To submit a port-in, please adhere to the following steps:
Submit Your Request to Elley Communications
- Enter or paste the numbers you wish to port over to Elley. You must specify at least one telephone number. If you have more than one number and they belong to different end-customers, you must submit separate port requests.
- You will be required to provide the Phone Service Contact details (the service address on file with the existing carrier), as well as the Authorized Person’s Name. Note: If you are a reseller, this must be the End Customer’s information that matches the CSR, not your business information.
- For each port request, we require two documents: an LOA signed by the End Customer where the signer matches what is on file with the existing carrier. You must use the LOA template provided. We do not accept other LOA templates. Second, provide the most recent bill copy from the existing carrier.
- You may request a FOC date but it is not guaranteed. Each carrier has their own rules, and often they choose not to respect the requested FOC date.
- Due to the significant work involved, expedited requests are on a case-by-case basis and must be explicitly approved by Elley.
- If an exception occurs with your request, you will be notified by email. Depending on the nature of the exception, we may need to resubmit the port-out request with the current carrier. Unfortunately, some carriers consider this to be an entirely new request and therefore have several additional days to respond.
- If you have not responded to an exception, we will attempt to contact you again. If we do not hear back within 14 days, we will cancel the port request. You could always submit a new request with any corrected information.
- We will notify you once your request is approved by the current carrier.
- Elley will activate your numbers on the assigned FOC date only between normal business hours (9 am to 5 pm CST, Monday to Friday). In some cases, Elley must manually activate the numbers and this must occur during business hours.
- You will receive automated update emails as your request is processed.
We aim to provide a fast and efficient porting process. We will make every effort to process your request as quickly as possible. Due to the complexity of porting and the many parties involved, we cannot guarantee it will be completed on a specific date until you receive your FOC (Firm Order Commitment).
As defined by the FCC, simple ports: (1) do not involve unbundled network elements (2) involve an account only for a single line (3) do not include complex switch translations (e.g., Centrex, ISDN, AIN services, remote call forwarding, or multiple services on the loop/line) (4) do not include a reseller. These are typically ports with less than 20 numbers.
Submission to Losing Carrier: Within 2 business days
Estimated completion: 7 business days
A non-simple port is any port that does not qualify as a simple port. Ports with more than 20 numbers and multi-line accounts qualify as non-simple ports and may require project management.
Submission to Losing Carrier: Within 4 business days
Estimated completion: 15 business days or more
Elley accepts port request submissions 24/7/365 through Email. However, porting requests are only processed and submitted Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm EST.
We observe the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve Day
- Christmas Day
The Most Common Causes of Porting Exceptions and Delays
- Incorrect spelling of the end customer name (e.g. Submitted “Alpha Corp” instead of “Alpha Beta Inc”).
- Incorrect service address (e.g. Wrong street name or incorrect zip code).
- Bundling multiple end-customer numbers under a single port request. We cannot tell by looking at phone numbers what customer they actually belong to.
- One or more of the telephone numbers submitted is inactive.
- Not providing an account number.
For moving numbers from Telnyx to another carrier.
- Just initiate a port in with your new carrier.