To find yourself here you are obviously asking yourself How do I reset the Polycom admin password to the default of 456. Lucky you the directions are just below.
- First, find and write down the MAC address (serial number) of the phone you want to reset. It should be twelve characters and look something like ‘0004F2ABCDEF’. If you can’t read the back label, you can find the MAC address by pressing Menu -> Status -> Network -> Ethernet.
- Power down the phone.
- Power up the phone. While powering up the phone (you have about 6-8 seconds to complete this step):
- For SoundPoint IP 320, 321, 330. 331, 335, 430, and 450 press and hold the 1, 3, 5, and 7 on the dial pad at the same time.
- For SoundPoint IP 301, 501, 550, 600, 601, and 650 press and hold the 4, 6, 8, * on the dial pad at the same time.
- After holding down the numbers for a few seconds, you will be prompted to enter the admin password. Enter the MAC address of the phone. No colons and the alpha characters must be entered as lowercase letters.
By default, the phone is on number mode (1->Aa) which means numbers are entered when you press a key. To change the input mode, press the # key until the intended mode is shown. Once you are in the letter mode, press the key a number of times according to the position of the letter shown on the keypad. (For example, press “3” three times to output the letter “F”) again the letter/s in the MAC address is/are not case sensitive.
At this point you will have reset the Polycom admin password to the default of 456 for your phone.